Craving a stack of delicious American Style pancakes?
McKinney’s has created a bespoke recipe for mouthwatering pancakes to make Pancake Tuesday memorable. Serve to delighted family and friends for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 35g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp McKinney’s Caster Sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter plus extra for cooking
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a bowl.
2. In a jug, lightly whisk together the egg and milk. When combined, whisk in the melted butter.
3. Use a fork to beat the milk mixture into the flour mixture until it’s smooth and the lumps have disappeared.
4. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan or griddle pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter.
5. As soon as the butter is melted and beginning to bubble, add a level ladle of batter. Add as many as you can fit.
6. The batter should be thick and easily settle into a puffy cake on the pan’s surface without spreading too much.
7. When the top of the pancake begins to bubble, flip it. As it cooks, it will raise about 1cm or so.
8. When golden on both sides, serve or pop the pancakes in a warm oven while you use up the remaining batter.